WIS Fish with a Pro Giveaway: OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WIS-TV, 1111 Bull Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29201 and the FLW Tour, 30 Gamble Lane, Benton KY 42025 ("Sponsors"). The promotion begins at 5:00am July 14, 2014 and ends at 5:00pm, July 25, 2014. Entries must be received by 9am, July 25, 2014. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Abbeville, Aiken, Allendale, Anderson, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, Chester, Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Florence, Georgetown, Greenwood, Hampton, Horry, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington, Marion, Marlboro, McCormick, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, Sumter, Union, Williamsburg, and York, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WIS-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per email will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Once an entrant wins a daily prize, he or she is no longer qualified to win another daily prize.
- How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 5:00am on July 14, 2014, individuals must submit the "word of the day" in the "Fish with Pro" contest tab on WISTV's facebook page or in the "Fish With a Pro" contest section on wistv.com. WIS will reveal the "word of the day" weekdays starting July 14, 2014 between 5:00am and 7:00am during WIS News 10 Sunrise. Contestants have until 9:00am each day to complete the on-line entry form with that day's correct "word of the day". All entries must be received by 9:00am July 25, 2014 and contain the correct keyword corresponding to the day they were submitted in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and Sponsor reserves the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software whether originating with sender or Sponsor, telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsors in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WIS-TV may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WIS-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information, such as, but not limited to, the entrant's contact information, email address, the URL of the entrant's social media profile, twitter handle, user name, to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WIS-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s) or the Social Media Sites (as defined below).
- Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic works contained in his/her entry, including any images, music, videos, and/or literary or written content. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor, and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights and privacy rights, contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, each entrant grants Sponsor the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. If at any time Sponsor receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant's failure to secure or any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor reserves the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion.
- Prize(s). (1) one Daiwa rod and reel combo (valued at $80) will be awarded each weekday July 14, 2014 – July 25, 2014. A maximum of (10) ten daily prizes will be awarded.
(1) One grand prize of a guided fishing trip with an FLW Tour pro (est value $2000) will be awarded to (1) one of the daily winners. Fishing trip will take place on August 16, 2014, weather permitting. If trip is cancelled due to weather or winner is unable to participate no substitute prize will be awarded. Grand prize winner must have valid SC Freshwater fishing license in order to participate in fishing trip. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. (1) Daily Winner will be randomly selected at 12:00pm from all eligible entries received each weekday July 14, 2014 – July 25, 2014. A maximum of (10) ten daily prizes will awarded during the contest. Each daily winner will be contacted via phone number given on their entry. Once an entrant wins a daily prize, he or she is no longer qualified to win another daily prize. (1) One grand prize winner will be selected at random from the (10) ten daily prize winners
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A driver's license, appropriate picture identification, or other proof that entrant is the owner of an account or profile is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release within 15 days of selection notification. Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit his/her selection and Sponsor(s) shall have the right but not the obligation to select another winner(s) based on the original judging criteria. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 5:30pm August 1, 2014 or the prize will be forfeited. Grand Prize fishing trip must be take on August 16 at 7:30am at location provided by FLW Tour.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WIS-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WIS-TV if WIS-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WIS-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto, including any information that is publicly available on the winner's social media profile or account, or to which the winner gave Sponsor permission to access, either directly or indirectly, through the Social Media Sites or any related application.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering this promotion, entrant fully and completely releases the Social Media Sites from any liability associated with or related to participation in this promotion.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WIS-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WIS-TV are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).