- Coastal Waters Forecast from Edisto Beach, SC to Savannah, GA
- Coastal Waters Forecast from South Santee River to Edisto Beach
- Coastal Waters Forecast from Savannah, GA to Altamaha Sound
- Coastal Waters Forecast from Murrells Inlet to South Santee River, SC
- Coastal Waters Forecast from Little River Inlet, NC to Murrells Inlet, SC
- Coastal Waters Forecast from Cape Fear to Little River Inlet, NC
- Latest Coastal Flood Statement/Watch/Warning Issued by the NWS Charleston
- Current Special Marine Warnings for South Carolina Waters
- Latest Special Marine Warning Issued by NWS Charleston
- Current Marine Weather Statements for South Carolina
- Latest Marine Weather Statement Issued by NWS Charleston
- Offshore Waters Forecast
OTHER LINKS AND RESOURCES
MARINE WEATHER TERMINOLOGY
COASTAL FLOOD WATCH: Issued when conditions are favorable for tidal flooding or storm-induced flooding along coastal areas withing approximately 12-36 hours, but the occurrence is still uncertain.
COASTAL FLOOD WARNING: Issued when tidal flooding or storm-induced flooding is occurring, imminent, or highly likely along coastal areas within approximately the next 12 hours.
GALE WARNING: Issued when sustained winds in the range of 35-47 knots (40-54 mph) are occurring or are imminent. Gale warnings are issued up to 24 hours before the above conditions are expected.
KNOT: Unit of speed used for navigation interests. A knot is equal to 1 nautical mile per hour or 1.15 statute miles per hour. For a simple conversion from knots to miles per hour, simply multiply the wind speed given in knots by 1.15.
NAUTICAL MILE: Unit of distance used for marine navigation. A nautical mile is equal to approximately 1.15 statute miles.
NEAP TIDE: Occurs the first and third quarters of the moon. Value is usually 10 to 30 percent less than the mean tidal range.
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY: Issued when sustained winds in the range of 25-34 knots (29-39 mph) and/or seas 6 feet or higher are occurring or are imminent. Also issued to alert small boat operators of any sea condition that may be hazardous.
SPECIAL MARINE WARNING: A warning for potentially hazardous weather conditions usually for 2 hours or less and producing wind speeds of 34 knots (39 mph) or greater.
STORM WARNING: Issued when sustained winds of 48 knots (55 mph) or greater are occurring or are imminent.