Gaston man dies from smoke inhalation - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Gaston man dies from smoke inhalation

Posted: Updated:
(Source: MGN Onine) (Source: MGN Onine)
LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC (WIS) -

A Gaston man died Saturday outside of his home after a fire got out of control.

Lexington County Chief Deputy Coroner Randy A. Martin said Stephen Brewer, 51, and his father were burning trash on the back of their property when the fire began spreading.

While firefighters were extinguishing the blaze, they discovered the body of Brewer, who was pronounced at the scene at 2:45 p.m., Martin said.

Martin said Brewer suffered respiratory failure, heat inhalation and thermal injury due to the fire.

The fire remains under investigation by the Lexington County Coroner's Office and the Lexington County Fire Department.

Follow WIS:    

Copyright 2014 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow