Bond denied for man accused of sexual assault - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Bond denied for man accused of sexual assault

Nathaniel "Nate" Antron Hunter (Source: Lexington Co. Detention Center) Nathaniel "Nate" Antron Hunter (Source: Lexington Co. Detention Center)
WEST COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

Bond was denied for a man accused of breaking into a West Columbia apartment and attacking a woman and her daughter.

Nathaniel Hunter went before a circuit court judge Wednesday morning, where bond was denied.

When Hunter was arrested for a home invasion, attempted sexual assault and shooting in West Columbia, he was out on bond for a murder that happened more than seven years ago, and was not supposed to have a gun, according to court records.

Investigators say Hunter was involved in a shooting that left two people dead in Fairfield County in 2006. He was arrested four months later. In addition to the murder charge, he was charged with burglary and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.

Hunter was also out on bond for an indecent exposure charge from last year. He also pleaded guilty to an indecent exposure charge in Lexington County in 2011.

His criminal history dates back to 2002.

West Columbia Police Chief Tyndall says Hunter shot a woman several times in the upper body after breaking into her Comanchee Trail apartment through a sliding glass door. Tyndall says Hunter also tried to sexually assault her and her 6-year-old daughter.

The victim was able to fight off Hunter, investigators said.

Investigators arrested Hunter earlier this month and charged him with attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping, burglary, criminal sexual conduct with a minor (third-degree), armed robbery, possession of a firearm by certain persons unlawful, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime.

He is being held at the Lexington County Detention Center.

Follow WIS:    

Copyright 2014 WIS. All rights reserved.

  • South Carolina news on WIStv.comNEWSMore>>

  • Giuliani advises no Mueller interview without informant info

    Giuliani advises no Mueller interview without informant info

    Sunday, May 27 2018 11:05 AM EDT2018-05-27 15:05:32 GMT
    Sunday, May 27 2018 7:35 PM EDT2018-05-27 23:35:09 GMT
    President Donald Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani says the president wants details on the classified information shared with lawmakers about the FBI investigation into Russian election meddling before deciding on an interview (Source:CNN)President Donald Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani says the president wants details on the classified information shared with lawmakers about the FBI investigation into Russian election meddling before deciding on an interview (Source:CNN)

    President Donald Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani says the president wants details on the classified information shared with lawmakers about the FBI investigation into Russian election meddling before deciding on an...

    More >>

    President Donald Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani says the president wants details on the classified information shared with lawmakers about the FBI investigation into Russian election meddling before deciding on an interview with the special counsel.

    More >>
  • Budget battle brews as Trump threatens another shutdown

    Budget battle brews as Trump threatens another shutdown

    Sunday, May 27 2018 8:04 AM EDT2018-05-27 12:04:06 GMT
    Sunday, May 27 2018 7:34 PM EDT2018-05-27 23:34:47 GMT
    (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File). FILE - In this March 30, 2017, file photo, the Capitol Dome is seen at dawn in Washington. The Senate has kicked off its annual attempt to pass government funding bills. Success is hardly assured, but President Don...(AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File). FILE - In this March 30, 2017, file photo, the Capitol Dome is seen at dawn in Washington. The Senate has kicked off its annual attempt to pass government funding bills. Success is hardly assured, but President Don...

    President Donald Trump has warned Congress that he'll never sign another trillion dollar plus government-wide spending bill like the one he did in March.

    More >>

    President Donald Trump has warned Congress that he'll never sign another trillion dollar plus government-wide spending bill like the one he did in March.

    More >>
  • Soldiers recall carnage of Alaska WWII battle 75 years later

    Soldiers recall carnage of Alaska WWII battle 75 years later

    Sunday, May 27 2018 11:34 AM EDT2018-05-27 15:34:09 GMT
    Sunday, May 27 2018 7:34 PM EDT2018-05-27 23:34:36 GMT
    (AP Photo/Mark Thiessen). In this May 19, 2018, photo World War II veterans Allan Seroll, left, of Massachusetts, and William Roy Dover, right, of Alabama, right, attend a 75th anniversary celebration of the Battle of Attu in Anchorage, Alaska. Dover w...(AP Photo/Mark Thiessen). In this May 19, 2018, photo World War II veterans Allan Seroll, left, of Massachusetts, and William Roy Dover, right, of Alabama, right, attend a 75th anniversary celebration of the Battle of Attu in Anchorage, Alaska. Dover w...

    One of the bloodiest World War II battles in the Pacific was waged 75 years ago this month on Attu Island in Alaska's Aleutian Islands.

    More >>

    One of the bloodiest World War II battles in the Pacific was waged 75 years ago this month on Attu Island in Alaska's Aleutian Islands.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly