Unattended candle causes house fire - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Unattended candle causes house fire

Posted: Updated:
Source: Brick Lewis Source: Brick Lewis
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

An unattended candle is to blame for a house fire Monday afternoon.

Brick Lewis with the Columbia Fire Department says they received the call for a house fire on Parkview Drive at about 11:40 a.m. Monday. Parkview is off Parklane Rd.

Lewis says the first arriving crews found heavy smoke and fire coming from the roof and front of the house.

Fire investigators say a candle left unattended caused the fire, which is responsible for $35,000 in damage.

Copyright 2014 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow