92-year-old Marion woman dies from hypothermia - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

92-year-old Marion woman dies from hypothermia

Posted: Updated:

MARION, SC (AP) - Authorities say a 92-year-old Marion woman died from exposure to the cold after last week's ice storm.

Marion County Coroner Jerry Richardson said a relative found Margaret Brown dead in her home Friday night, and an autopsy confirmed she died from hypothermia.

Brown is the seventh person to die because of the ice and snow storm that moved across the state last week. Two deaths were in Marion County - Brown and a woman killed in a house fire after power went out at her home.

Two other deaths in South Carolina have been from hypothermia, two were from traffic wrecks and one death was from carbon monoxide poisoning as a man heated his home with a charcoal grill.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow