One hospitalized following fire at Finlay House - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

One hospitalized following fire at Finlay House

Posted: Updated:
(Source: @Orbitmarz) (Source: @Orbitmarz)
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

One person was transported to an area hospital following a fire in a trash chute at the Finlay House in Five Points, according to the Columbia Fire Department.

Fire Chief Aubrey Jenkins says it is currently unclear what started the fire, but there was smoke on several of the floors.

The condition of the one victim remains unknown and it is unclear if they were hospitalized due to smoke inhalation or burns.

The fire was put under control quickly, according to Jenkins.

The Finlay House houses about 120 to 150 seniors.

A shelter has been put into place in the mean time.

Copyright 2014 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow