Promoter: Bigfoot body 'not a real body' - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

UPDATE

Promoter: Bigfoot body 'not a real body'

www.bigfoottoday.com www.bigfoottoday.com
www.bigfoottoday.com www.bigfoottoday.com
© www.bigfoottoday.com © www.bigfoottoday.com
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

If you've ever wanted to see Sasquatch, keep looking.

In what will come as a surprise to no one, the man promoting a "Bigfoot body" on tour across the United States has admitted that the exhibit is a fake.

The sideshow-like display featuring an alleged Bigfoot body was supposed to begin in Arizona in February.

The specimen came from Rick Dyer, a self-proclaimed "Bigfoot Tracker" whose website says, "I tracked a creature. I shot it. With tears in my eyes, I watched it take its last breath," Dyer said that was in 2012.

But on day one of the proposed tour, it was canceled because no venue would allow the display. Even the International UFO Congress, which held a five-day conference in Scottsdale, turned the body away.

"He's a known hoaxer," said conference organizer Maureen Elsberry. "We are a reputable conference and we did not want to be associated with that."

Dyer hired promoter Andrew Clacy to book stops on the "I Told You So" tour. Clacy told CBS 5 News that the body has undergone DNA testing, MRI scans, an autopsy and more scientific testing in the last year. However, results from those tests never became available.

Clacy now says Dyer tricked him. "During my time in the United States working for Mr. Dyer my suspicions in relation to authenticity of the body started to develop," Clacy wrote in an email to CBS 5 News on Sunday.

Dyer had already admitted to being the man behind one of the biggest Bigfoot hoaxes of all time. In 2008 he was involved in a scheme to sell another alleged bigfoot body to the highest bidder. The story got national attention and Dyer went into hiding for months.

Clacy continued, "I confronted MR. Dyer (in Daytona) on my suspicions, who admitted to me personally that the body of 'Hank' was not a real body but rather a construct of a company from Washington State which was paid for by Rick Dyer. Once I became [aware of] the truth I could not longer continue in my role with Rick Dyer on moral and ethical grounds."

Clacy previously had insisted insist the body was not a hoax. "I spent hours looking at the specimen and it's real," Clacy said in a Youtube video. "I've touched it, its skin. It's not a joke."

Michael Shermer, the executive director of the Skeptics Society, told CBS 5 News the whole idea is ridiculous. "Fake, fake, fake," he said.

"Science is not done by promotional tours," Shermer said. "Why hasn't he submitted the body for scientists to analyze? The answer is obvious: it's a fake. If he has nothing to hide then let him show it to the professionals first before taking his victory lap."

Clacy told CBS 5 News, "Mr. Dyer needed me to believe the body was real so I would contact the media and help make him money, which I did."

Clacy now said he hopes to restore his reputation as a marketing professional in Australia, and will cooperate with any authorities that wish to pursue charges. However, an investigation is not likely. It's Bigfoot, after all.

Dyer could not be reached for comment.

Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved. 

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Severe reaction to new sandals leads woman on a painful path

    Severe reaction to new sandals leads woman on a painful path

        One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction.  She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.    

    More >>

    One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction. She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.    

    More >>
  • 'The Phantom' serial killer of children out of prison, living in Tucson

    'The Phantom' serial killer of children out of prison, living in Tucson

    Thursday, April 27 2017 12:17 AM EDT2017-04-27 04:17:43 GMT
    Friday, April 28 2017 9:21 AM EDT2017-04-28 13:21:13 GMT
    Convicted killer William Huff was spotted riding his bicycle through a Tucson neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)Convicted killer William Huff was spotted riding his bicycle through a Tucson neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

    William Huff terrorized Sierra Vista during the spring and summer of 1967. Despite a sentence of 40 years to life, the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency voted to release him from prison into home arrest. Family members of the victims are concerned for the safety of the community, as are new members of the Clemency Board. CBS 5 Investigates videotaped Huff riding a bike through his Tucson neighborhood. There are no restrictions placed on his proximity to children.

    More >>

    William Huff terrorized Sierra Vista during the spring and summer of 1967. Despite a sentence of 40 years to life, the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency voted to release him from prison into home arrest. Family members of the victims are concerned for the safety of the community, as are new members of the Clemency Board. CBS 5 Investigates videotaped Huff riding a bike through his Tucson neighborhood. There are no restrictions placed on his proximity to children.

    More >>
  • GRAPHIC: Buncombe Co. man admits to killing, dismembering pregnant TV chef, husband

    GRAPHIC: Buncombe Co. man admits to killing, dismembering pregnant TV chef, husband

    Thursday, April 27 2017 5:18 AM EDT2017-04-27 09:18:54 GMT
    Thursday, April 27 2017 7:27 PM EDT2017-04-27 23:27:02 GMT
    Robert Jason Owens' 2015 mug shot (Source: BCSO)Robert Jason Owens' 2015 mug shot (Source: BCSO)

    The Buncombe County man charged with murder in the deaths of a TV chef, her husband, and unborn child pleaded guilty to killing the victims and dismembering their bodies during a hearing Thursday and was sentenced to prison.

    More >>

    The Buncombe County man charged with murder in the deaths of a TV chef, her husband, and unborn child pleaded guilty to killing the victims and dismembering their bodies during a hearing Thursday and was sentenced to prison.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly