Fire in exhaust fan causes $200,000 damage - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Fire in exhaust fan causes $200,000 damage

Posted: Updated:
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

The Richland County Fire Marshal's office says a fire at a commercial building off Bluff Road Thursday morning was caused by a mechanical malfunction in a bathroom exhaust fan.

Firefighters were called to Old Dairy Road at about 7 a.m. Thursday.  Upon arriving, they saw heavy black smoke coming from the building's roof.

No injuries were reported.

Damage is estimated at $200,000.

Copyright 2014 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow