'Mechanical malfunction' causes small restroom fire at Brennen - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

'Mechanical malfunction' causes small restroom fire at Brennen

Posted: Updated:
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

The Columbia Fire Department says a mechanical malfunction in a boys restroom caused a small fire at Brennen Elementary School on Monday.

According to fire department spokesperson Brick Lewis, the fire started around 3 p.m. at the Devereaux Road school.

Lewis says the fire was extinguished by firefighters who arrived at the scene a short time later.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

The fire department has not released an estimate of the damages.

Copyright 2014 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow