Man who ate cocaine during police pursuit gets 33 years in pris - - Columbia, South Carolina

Man who ate cocaine during police pursuit gets 33 years in prison


A Midlands drug dealer who ingested an large quantity of cocaine during a 2007 police pursuit in Columbia has been sentenced to 33 years in prison on various drug trafficking charges.

United States Attorney Bill Nettles said Stanley "Goat" Partman, 37, of Columbia, was sentenced Wednesday in federal court in Columbia.

Partman was convicted in November of 2012 of conspiracy to distribute five kilograms or more of cocaine and 280 grams or more of crack cocaine, possession of a firearm in furtherance of drug trafficking and related use of telephone in furtherance of drug trafficking offenses.

United States District Judge Joseph F. Anderson, Jr. sentenced Partman to a term of imprisonment of 396 months, followed by a term of supervised release for a period of five years.  Partman is also required to pay a $100.00 special assessment for each of his five counts of conviction.

Evidence at the trial last November established that Partman, along with several coconspirators, conspired to possess with intent to distribute and to distribute in excess of 30 kilograms of crack cocaine and in excess of 50 kilograms of powder cocaine in Columbia from approximately 1998 through 2011. 

Evidence also established that in January of 2007, Partman consumed a quantity of cocaine while engaged in a high speed chase attempting to elude the Richland County Sheriff's deputies.  He was eventually captured after he wrecked his car near Saluda River Road. 

After deputies arrested him, Partman was hospitalized for approximately two weeks due to the large quantity of powder cocaine he had ingested during the chase. Partman received a sentencing enhancement based on the fact that this high speed chase created a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury to another person in the course of fleeing from law enforcement.

The government also presented several phone calls at trial that were intercepted in March and April of 2011 wherein Partman discussed wanting to shoot another drug dealer who had sold him a quantity of powder cocaine that would not properly convert to crack cocaine. 

While no one was ever shot over this disputed cocaine, the jury found that Partman possessed an assault rifle in March and April of 2011 when Partman went looking for the individual whom Partman believed had sold him the "bad" cocaine.

The case was investigated by the Columbia Violent Gang Task Force which is led by agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and also includes members of the Richland County Sheriff's Department, the Columbia Police Department and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division. Assistant United States Attorneys Mark Moore, Jim May and J.D. Rowell of the Columbia office prosecuted the case.

Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly