Fire damaging apartments blamed on unattended cooking - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Fire damaging apartments blamed on unattended cooking

Posted: Updated:
The American Red Cross helps victims displaced by fire (Source: AnnaKate Twitty) The American Red Cross helps victims displaced by fire (Source: AnnaKate Twitty)
RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS) -

The Columbia Fire Department says unattended cooking caused a fire that damaged two apartments at a complex on Bailey Street Friday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the Colony Apartments just before 4:30 p.m. Friday. 

One apartment is considered destroyed, while a second apartment suffered fire and smoke damage. Total damage is estimated at $50,000.

A family of two adults and one child was displaced.  The American Red Cross is helping them.

Nobody was injured.

Copyright 2013 WIS.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow