Greenwood restaurant damaged in fire - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Greenwood restaurant damaged in fire

Posted: Updated:
GREENWOOD, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Firefighters said a restaurant in Greenwood was damaged on Wednesday after a fire.

A firefighter said he was passing by Avery's One Stop on Ninety-Six Highway when he saw smoke coming out of the building.

No one was inside the restaurant when the fire broke out.

It took firefighters about five minutes to put out the blaze. The inside of the building now has a lot of smoke damage.

Fire investigators believe the fire started from an electrical problem.

Avery's is a privately owned restaurant that's only open for breakfast and lunch.

Copyright 2013 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow