Fireplace ashes blamed in duplex fire - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Fireplace ashes blamed in duplex fire

Posted: Updated:

Columbia fire investigators are blaming the improper discarding of ashesfrom fireplace as the cause of a fire at a residential duplex on Brookfield Road Thursday morning. 

Columbia Fire Department Investigators say three adults will be displaced as a result of the fire -- two from the side of the duplex where the fire originated and the other from the other side of the duplex.

No one was injured, and officials say the fire caused about $172,000 worth of damage.

Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow