WIS "12 Days ofChristmas" OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- PromotionDescription. This contest is sponsored by WIS-TV, 1111 Bull St., Columbia, SC 29201and Artizan on Bull, 1217 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201, Carolina FineJewelry, 4708 Forest Drive, Columbia, SC 29206, Here's the Rub, 2418 Devine St Columbia, SC 29205, Mad Platter, 3101 Millwood Ave, Columbia, SC 29205,Orangeburg Parks & Recreation, 367 Green Street, Orangeburg, SC 29116-1321,Sims Music, 1110 Saint Andrews Rd, Columbia, SC 29210, Southern Baked CandleCompany, 2718 Devine Street, Columbia, SC 29205, Tony's Pizzalicious, 975 KnoxAbott Drive, Cayce, SC 29033, Uptown on Main, 1204 Main Street, Columbia, SC29201, Wine Down on Main, 1520 Main Street, Columbia, SC 29201 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 8 am Friday November30, 2012 and ends at noon Monday, December 24, 2012. Entries must be receivedby 11:59 pm on Friday, December 21 2012 in order to qualify. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts andagrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Abbeville, Aiken, Allendale, Anderson, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, Chester, Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Florence, Georgetown, Greenwood, Hampton, Horry, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington, Marion, Marlboro, McCormick, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, Sumter, Union, Williamsburg, and York who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WIS Television, Artizan, Carolina Fine Jewelry, Here's the Rub, Mad Platter, Orangeburg Parks & Recreation, Simis Music, Southern Baked Candle Company, Tony's Pizzalicious, Uptown on Main, Wine Down on Main and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this contest. Only one entry for each individual / e-mail address will be accepted per day, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- How toEnter. There is one way to enter this contest. Individuals can log on to www.wistv.com and complete the online entry form. Entries must bereceived by Friday December 21 at 11:59 pm in order to qualify. All entriesbecome the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to useany information submitted by entrants.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, orassigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute aprize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in orderto qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete,illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theftor fraud. No mechanicallyreproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s)is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilatedentries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures ofany kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware orsoftware (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures,human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail addresssubmitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean thenatural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider,online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mailaddresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested toprovide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mailaddress associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmitany materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, TrojanHorses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended todamage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriateany system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal andcivil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any personwho makes such attempt(s).
Entrymaterials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entriessubmitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail addressshall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s)the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering withor abusing any aspect of the promotion.
Byentering this promotion, entrant agrees that WIS-TVand the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotionalmaterials and that WIS-TVmay release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to theother Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WIS-TVis not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable informationby the other Sponsor(s).
- Prize(s). There willbe 12 (twelve) winners during the contest. Prizes are awarded starting 12/6 through 12/21 and are only awarded onweekdays. The prizes are:
12/6:Carolina Fine Jewelry gift certificates totaling $100
12/7:Mad Platter gift certicates totaling $100
12/10:Uptown on Main Gift Basket ($100 Value)
12/11:Tony's Pizzalicious Four $25 gift certificates
12/12:Carolina Fine Jewelry gift certificates totaling $100
12/13:Here's the Rub 90-min massage ($100 Value)
12/14:Sims Music: A Guitar + Accessories ($150 Value)
12/17:Wine Down on Main Four $25 gift certificates
12/18:Southern Baked Candle Company gift certificates totaling $100
12/19:Artizan gift certificates totaling $100
12/20:Columbia Smiles Teeth Whitening ($375 value)
12/21:$100 iTunes Gift Card
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assignedby the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve theright to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater valuewill be awarded.
- Howthe Prizes are Awarded. WIS will choose winners at random from amongall those who submit online entries during the contest entry period. The winner will be contacted via the phoneand email address provided on the entry form.
- Conditionsof Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate pictureidentification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessarywill be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibilitybefore receiving prize, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or herprize by 5 pm on January 7, 2013 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local,state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees,transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WIS-TV will report any individual winningsover $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one yearperiod to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WIS-TV if WIS-TV reports anywinnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name andlikeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except whereprohibited by law. By entering thispromotion, each winner acknowledges that WIS-TV all other sponsors and venues,have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, andlikeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitationon Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releasesSponsor(s), its/theirparent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and theirrespective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and allliability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arisingfrom or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation,responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resultingfrom or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or inconnection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor'sReservation of Rights. These official rules are subject tomodification by WIS-TV. In the event ofa dispute, all decisions made by WIS-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/theirsole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process orthe operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts inviolation of these official rules. Sponsor(s)further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel,terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is notcapable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for thefollowing reasons: infection by computervirus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized humanintervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness,integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). WIS-TVis not responsible for typographical or other errors in printing, the offeringor the administration of this promotion or in the announcement of the prizes.
- Listof Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WIS-TV,1111 Bull St., Columbia, SC 29201 attn: Andrea Nickols by January 31,2012.