Sunday morning fire damages home in Irmo - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Sunday morning fire damages home in Irmo

Posted: Updated:
IRMO, SC (WIS) -

A home in the Friarsgate subdivision was damaged by fire Sunday morning.

Irmo Fire District crews were called to the house on Upton Grey Rd. at about 8:16 Sunday morning.

Everyone inside got out safely.

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to get the flames under control.

Firefighters say it started in a back corner of the living room and the cause has been determined to be electrical.  The living room, kitchen, hallway and bedrooms were damaged. A cost of the damage has not been estimated.

People who lived in the home were renting it, and firefighters say relatives are helping them find a place to live.

Copyright 2012 WIS.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow