Occupation: Clemson University County Extension Agent
Education: Saluda High School (1971), B.S. in Dairy Science from Clemson University (1975), Masters in Agriculture from Clemson University (1982)
Experience in Political or Related Positions:
While I have held no political positions, I have held various positions in the following organizations:
- S.C. Association of County Agricultural Agents
- National Association of County Agricultural Agents
- S.C. Cattlemen's Association
- Saluda County Cattlemen's Association
- Lexington County Cattlemen's Association
- Richland County Cattlemen's Association
- Saluda County Forestry Association
- Saluda Farm-City Week Committee
- S.C. Dairy Heifer Project Committee
- Southeast Dairy Association Scientific Advisory Board
- Saluda Quail Hunters Association
- S.C. Jersey Cattle Association
- American Jersey Cattle Association
- Pendleton Farmers Society
- Saluda County Economic Development Board
- Saluda County Chamber of Commerce
Why should voters choose you in this election?
For 37 years, I have been a faithful public servant as a Clemson University County Extension Agent. I want to continue helping the people of Saluda and Lexington Counties to enjoy a better life. I can help find innovative solutions to the challenges of today and tomorrow. I plan to use my knowledge and experience with agriculture, forestry, wildlife, natural resource conservation, economic development, rural development, job creation, youth development and education to assist the residents of District 39. The future for our towns and rural communities is bright. We must build on this positive outlook and prepare for the challenges and opportunities ahead. I am a man of my word and will do my absolute best to help the people that reside in House District 39.
I am pleased to have the endorsement of Representative Marion Frye, our current District 39 House of Representatives Member. I feel that this speaks volumes for my qualifications as Representative Frye has served our District for seven terms.