Squirrels chew wiring, cause house fire - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Squirrels chew wiring, cause house fire

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The owners of a southeast Columbia home will have to shell out around $90K to repair fire damage because squirrels chewed through electrical wiring in their attic.

According to firefighters, the pesky rodents got into the home on Rose Bank Dr. off of Garners Ferry Rd. and gnawed on the wiring until it was exposed.

The exposed wiring eventually sparked a fire in the attic Wednesday evening.

Nobody was hurt.

Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly