WIS KIA KEYword Contest
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WIS TV 1111 Bull Street Columbia, SC and Galeana Chrysler Jeep Kia Inc, DBA Galeana KIA 180 Greystone Blvd, Columbia, SC 29210 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 12:00pm February 6, 2012 and ends at 12:00 am February 27, 2012. Entries must be received by 12:00 am February 27, 2012. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, residing in one of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Abbeville, Aiken, Allendale, Anderson, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, Chester, Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Florence, Georgetown, Greenwood, Hampton, Horry, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington, Marion, Marlboro, McCormick, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, Sumter, Union, Williamsburg, and York, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WIS-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Entrants may enter multiple times, but are only eligible to win one qualifying prize.
- How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12:00pm February 6, 2012 individuals must log on to the "KIA KEYword" contest page at wistv.com and complete the online entry form with the "key word of the day". WIS will reveal the "keyword" weekdays starting February 6, 2012 between 4:00pm and 4:30PM during WIS News 10 at 4. Contestants may also learn the keyword by visiting Galeana Chrysler Jeep Kia at 180 Greystone Blvd in Columbia, SC where the keyword will be displayed in the show room. Contestants have until 12:00am midnight each day to complete the on-line entry form with that day's correct keyword. Keywords given on Friday will be accepted until 12:00AM the following Monday. All entries must be received by 12:00AM February 27, 2012 and contain the correct keyword corresponding to the day they were submitted in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely, correctly and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WIS-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WIS-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WIS-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
- Prize(s). -Up to (15) daily prizes of one (1) $100 gas card per daily winner.
-Choice of one (1) Grand Prize of a 2012 Kia Soul from Galeana Kia (estimated retail value $15,519) preselected by Galeana Chrysler Jeep Kia, DBA Galeana Kia or one (1) 2012 Jeep Patriot (estimated retail value $17,054) Preselected by Galeana Chrysler Jeep Kia
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Actual prizes awarded may differ from vehicles shown or displayed due to availability.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. One daily winner will be selected at random each weekday from February 6, 2012 through February 27, 2012. A maximum of fifteen (15) daily prizes will be awarded. Each daily winner will be announced on WIS News 10 at 4:00pm the following day and will be contacted via email. Each entrant must provide his or her correct email address on the entry form, and not change his or her email address during the promotion. Daily winners must follow instructions in the email to confirm they are a licensed driver and meet the other eligibility requirements. Failure to correctly and timely follow such instructions will result in disqualification. Once an entrant wins a daily prize, he or she is no longer qualified to win another daily prize. The fifteen (15) daily winners are eligible for a chance to win the Grand Prize. A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize will be awarded at Galeana Chrysler Jeep Kia by a random drawing scheduled for March 1, 2012 at 4:00pm. If there is a change to the day and/or time of the Grand Prize drawing, WIS will contact qualifiers via email to inform them of the new date. Each qualified daily winner who arrives at the designated drawing place on time will be entitled to select 1 of 15 boxes (the order of selection will be determined by the Sponsor(s) at the drawing). One box will contain a key to the Grand Prize. The daily winner selecting the correct box will be the Grand Prize winner. If a daily winner is unable to attend the event at Galeana Kia on the designated date, is late or is deemed ineligible by Sponsor(s), no alternate will be selected and the number of boxes to choose from will be altered to match number of qualified daily winners at the event.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. Driver's license is required for the Grand Prize. The winners will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at time of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by March 10, 2012 or the prize will be forfeited. The Grand Prize winner must provide proof of automobile insurance before accepting the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner must provide social security number. Grand Prize winner must provide payment to dealer for tax and tag expense in order to claim prize. If the Grand Prize is forfeited, no alternate winner will be selected.
Each winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Galeana Kia will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. The Grand Prize winner will receive a Form 1099 from Galeana Kia. In addition to other taxes, including but not limited to income taxes, the Grand Prize winner will be required to pay sales, use and any other taxes as well as tag and title fees.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WIS-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WIS-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WIS-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). Any such modifications, cancellations, etc. will be announced on www.wistv.com.