WIS "Passport to Greece" OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Promotion Description. This contest is sponsored by WIS-TV, 1111 Bull St., Columbia, SC 29201 and Columbia Greek Festival, 1931 Sumter Street, Columbia, SC 29201. ("Sponsors"). The promotion begins at 8 am Tuesday, September 9, 2014 and ends at 12 noon Thursday, September 18, 2014 ("Contest Period"). Entries must be received by 12 noon on Thursday, September 18, 2014 in order to qualify. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Abbeville, Aiken, Allendale, Anderson, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, Chester, Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Florence, Georgetown, Greenwood, Hampton, Horry, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington, Marion, Marlboro, McCormick, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, Sumter, Union, Williamsburg, and York who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WIS Television, Columbia Greek Festival, Forest Lake Travel and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this contest. Only one entry for each individual / phone number will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this contest. During the Contest Period, individuals can text "GREEK" to 80310 to opt-in or they may submit an alternate entry form online, which will be accessible at WIStv.com under "contests". A link to the alternate entry form can be found here: http://www.vibescm.com/amoe. Shortcode is: 80310. Keyword is: GREEK. Entries must be received by 12 noon on Thursday, September 18, 2014 in order to qualify. Standard data and message rates may apply for text messages. All entries become the property of Sponsors, and Sponsors reserve the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsors), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WIS-TV and the other Sponsors of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WIS-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsors for that purpose. WIS-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsors.
- Prize(s). There is (1) prize – One (1) $1,000 travel certificate from Forest Lake Travel.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. One winner will be randomly selected at 12:01pm on Thursday, September 18, 2014. The winner will be notified by the phone number used to enter the contest.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner, travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility before receiving prize, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 12 noon on Friday September 19, 2014 or the prize will be forfeited.
The winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature.
The winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WIS-TV and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsors' Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WIS-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WIS-TV are final and binding. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). WIS-TV is not responsible for typographical or other errors in printing, the offering or the administration of this promotion or in the announcement of the prizes.
- List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WIS-TV, Attn: Passport to Greece Contest, 1111 Bull Street Columbia, SC 29201 or visit the website at www.wistv.com by October 31, 2014.