Heat exhaustion is a warning that your body is overheating.
- Cool, clammy pale skin and sweating
- Dry mouth
- Fatigue, weakness or dizziness
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular pulse – it can be either weak or rapid
If you have any of those symptoms, try the following steps:
- Drink cool, non-alcoholic or non-caffeinated beverages.
- Take a cool shower, bath or sponge bath.
- Wear lightweight clothing.
- Go to where there's air conditioning.
If those steps don't work, seek help at your nearest Doctors Care center. Heat exhaustion can advance to heat stroke. Symptoms include:
- High body temperature
- Rapid pulse
- Difficulty breathing
- Strange behavior, which can include hallucinations, confusion, disorientation or agitation