Here is a list of links and information mentioned on WIS News 10:
Thursday, June 7- Sunday, June 10:
Thursday, May 31:
Tuesday, May 22nd:
Thursday, April 26th:
Thursday, April 5th
Tuesday, February 27th
Monday, February 19th
Friday, February 9th
Thursday, February 8th
Thursday, December 28th
Tuesday, November 21st
Thursday, November 2nd
Wednesday, November 1st
Monday, October 30
Friday, October 20
Thursday October 19
Wednesday October 18
Job Fairs Today:
- The Santee-Lynches Regional Council of Governments, SC Works and other business partners are hosting a job fair at the Sumter County Civic Center. Doors will open to veterans only from 9am to 9:30, and then the general public from 9:30 to 1pm.
- United Way of the Midlands Breaking Barriers Employment Resource Fair, 9 am to Noon at Richland Library Main Branch on Assembly Street.
- American Security job fair, 10 to 3, 2319 Old Frink Street in Cayce.
- DJJ is recruiting juvenile corrections officers and for other positions within the department from 9 to 3 at the Bill Rogers Community Connections Center at DJJ's Broad River Road Complex in Columbia.
- Grace Christian Church on Monticello Road Pathways out of Poverty job fair from 10 to 2.
Monday, October 16
- Reconstructing Home 2017 https://transitionssc.org/events/reconstructing-home-2017/
Friday, October 12
Wednesday, October 11
Tuesday, October 10
Monday, Oct. 2
Thursday, Sept. 21
Friday, Sept. 15
Wednesday, Sept. 13
Friday, Sept. 8th
- SC Electric Cooperatives - Info ahead of Irma
Wednesday, Sept. 6th
- Volunteer to help with Columbia Relief - Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Sept. 1st
Monday, August 14
- Employ SC job fair 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Center for Advanced Technical Studies, 916 Mount Vernon Church Road, Chapin, SC 29036
- Aramark/Carolina Food Company Team at USC Job fair, 1705 College St, second floor, Monday Aug 14 to Wed Aug 16 from 10-4.
Bring two forms of valid ID to be considered for an on the spot job offer. Pre apply online
Friday, August 4
- Dinkins Auctions-featured on American Pickers
Thursday, August 3rd
- Bradford Watermelons- National Watermelon Day!
Friday, July 31st
- Taking the Non out of Nonprofit- Innovation Challenge
Friday, July 28th
Wednesday, July 26th
Monday, July 24th
Monday, July 24 - Thursday, July 27
Thursday, July 20
Monday July 10
- City of Columbia Disaster Recovery Sessions for Recovery Assistance for Impacted Neighborhoods
Monday, July 10, 2017 12 noon – 1:30 p.m. 2101 Walker Solomon Way (Charles R. Drew Wellness Center)
Monday, July 10, 2017 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. 3165 Beltline Blvd.
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12 noon – 1:30 p.m. 2111 Simpkins Lane (Cecil Tillis Center)
Monday, July 17, 2017 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. 1650 Park Circle (Lourie Center)
Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12 noon – 1:30 p.m. 1650 Park Circle (Lourie Center)
Monday, July 24, 2017 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. 2111 Simpkins Lane (Cecil Tillis Center)
Monday, July 31, 2017 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. 1113 Parkside Drive (Earlewood Park)
Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12 noon – 1:30 p.m. 1113 Parkside Drive (Earlewood Park)
For additional information, please contact Community Development at 803-545-3373.
Thursday, June 29
- Famously Hot Blood Drive: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center, 1101 Lincoln St. To schedule an appointment to give at the Famously Hot blood drive, visit redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code famouslyhot, call 1-800-RED CROSS or download the Blood Donor App.
- Live is a Cycle: 6 PM, Finlay Park (route is available at www.lifeisacycle.bike)
Wednesday, June 22
Wednesday, June 14
Monday, June 12
- SC Summer Food
- GOP nominee and York County businessman Ralph Norman announced an 11 county tour ahead of the June 20th special election for Congress. Norman will hit the road starting Monday in Lancaster, Lee, and Kershaw counties:
MONDAY, JUNE 12, 2017
901 Highway #9 Bypass, West
1205 N Main Street
15 Townlee Lane
FD Goodale's Jewelry
543 DeKalb Street
Haile Street Grill
1350 Haile Street
Blackmon's Little Midget
1012 Market Street
Camden Jewelers, Inc.
1008 Broad Street
Camden, SC 29020
2518 Broad Street
Camden, SC 29020
South Carolina Cotton Museum/Lee County Veterans Museum
129 W. Cedar Lane
Bishopville, SC 29010
Seagull's Grill Lancaster
1305 Hwy 9 Bypass W
Lancaster, SC 29720
Friday, June 9
Wednesday, June 7
Monday, June 5
Friday, May 26
Tuesday, May 23
Friday, May 19
Thursday, May 18
- Fort Jackson Retiree Appreciation Days:
There will be a free continental breakfast at the Officers Club beginning at 7:30 a.m., and to avoid the traffic associated with the graduation, participants will be given transportation to Hilton Field to observe graduation and returned back to the Officers Club after the graduation. Preceding graduation, there will be a special "pinning ceremony" where the Vietnam veterans will received a special pin commemorating their service. Retirees will, again, have the option to march in the "Pass in Review" and they will have reserved VIP seating. It is a great opportunity for the veterans to participate, be recognized, and display for the parents and loved ones of our newest soldiers the full military lifecycle and lifelong commitment. Please RSVP at (803) 751-5166.
The Basic Combat Training Graduation Ceremony is scheduled to start at 9 a.m. at Hilton Field, where we will, honor our veterans. The guest speaker will be retired Command Sgt. Maj. Dennis King.
A Golf Tournament is scheduled for 9 a.m., May 20, at the Fort Jackson Golf Club.
Golf Club Members pay $40 per person. Non-members and guest prices are $50 per person. Prices include cart and user fees, prizes, a barbecue lunch and grounds maintenance fees for non-members.
The Main Exchange and Commissary will participate in Retiree Appreciation Days Saturday with in-store sales beginning 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
A Retiree Health and Benefits Exposition is scheduled for May 20. The expo will take place at the Solomon Center from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. An assortment of health services and informational organizations will be on-site at the expo the South Carolina Department of Veteran Affairs and various Fort Jackson activities.
Retirees are also invited to participate in the Victory Bingo and No Tap Bowling; both events are scheduled for May 20. All retirees who plan to participate in tournaments should call the Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation Business Operations Office at 751-3411.
Monday, May 15
- Power of the Purse- Women in Philanthropy - Thursday, May 18th
Thursday, May 11
Wednesday, May 10
Tuesday, May 9
Thursday, May 4th
- Mayor's Bike & Walk Summit: May 4th and May 5th, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., iT-ology Building, 1301 Gervais St., #200, Open to the public; registration is required, can be completed online or day of, and includes lunch: $35 for both days, $20 for one day. Click here to register.
Wednesday, May 3rd
Monday, May 1st
Wednesday, April 26
Monday, April 24
Friday, April 21
Thursday, April 20
How to collect a dead bird to send to DHEC for West Nile Virus testing:
- Do not touch a bird (dead or alive) with bare hands:
- Use gloves, or;
- Pick the bird up with doubled, clear plastic bags that have been turned inside out (covering your hand). Invert the bag over the bird (uncovering your hand) and seal the bird in the doubled plastic bags.
- Keep the bagged bird cool until it can be placed on ice or in a refrigerator. If the bird carcass cannot be delivered to DHEC within 24-36 hours of collection, freeze it until delivery or shipment.
- Download and complete the DHEC Dead Bird Submission and Reporting Sheet for West Nile virus and submit it, along with the dead bird, to your local DHEC office. Click here for a list of local DHEC offices.
- Click here for more information
Wednesday, April 19
Friday, April 14
- style="text-autospace:none;">Platt Spring & Emmanuel Church roads
- style="text-autospace:none;">Pine St. & Ramblin Rd
- style="text-autospace:none;">Juniper Springs & Two Notch roads
- style="text-autospace:none;">Four-way intersection at Oak Drive and Mineral Springs Rd
- style="text-autospace:none;">Columbia Avenue & West Main Street
- style="text-autospace:none;">Intersection of Amicks Ferry Road and Highway 76
- style="text-autospace:none;">Intersection of Church Street and East 1st Street
- style="text-autospace:none;">Walmart entrance on South Lake Drive
Thursday, April 6
Wednesday, March 29
Monday, March 27
Thursday, March 23
Tuesday, March 21
Monday, March 13
Thursday, February 23
Monday, February 20
Friday, February 17
Tuesday, February 14
Saturday, February 11
Wednesday, February 8
Tuesday, January 31
- ACA Information www.healthcare.gov
Wednesday, Jan. 25
Wednesday, Jan. 18
Thursday, January 5
Monday, December 26
- Vets with a Mission Contacts:
- Chuck Ward email@example.com
- Dr. Michael Bernardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Columbia Recycling Centers https://www.como.gov/PublicWorks/Solidwaste/dropoff-recycling-containers.php
- You can drop Christmas trees and greenery at the following locations:
· Ball Park Road – 301 Ball Park Rd, Lexington
· Bush River Road – 6109 Bush River Rd, Columbia
· Chapin – 103 Distant Ln, Chapin
· Edmund – 325 Landfill Lane, Lexington
· Sandhills – 3241 Charleston Hwy, Cayce
· Southeast – 538 Martin Neese Rd, Swansea
Many more locations found here: http://keepthemidlandsbeautiful.org/grinding-of-the-greens/
Wednesday, December 20
- J.B. Hunt Scholarship presented by Exotics Band - Email email@example.com
Friday, December 16
Thursday, December 8
Bojangles' Bash: Friday December 9, 2016. 5:00 PM York Prep vs. 22 Ft. Academy. 6:15 PM Spring Valley vs. Abraham Lincoln (NY) 6:30 PM Bojangles' VIP Hospitality Room Opens
Tuesday, December 6
The L.P.D. Toys For Tots "Fill The MRAP" schedule includes events on the following days and times:
November 18, 2016 Target 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Novmeber 21, 2016 Target 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
November 22, 2016 Kmart 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
November 23, 2016 Walmart 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
November 28, 2016 Target 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
November 29, 2016 Kmart 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
November 30, 2016 Walmart 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
December 2, 2016 Kmart 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
December 5, 2016 Walmart 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
December 6, 2016 Kmart 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
December 7, 2016 Walmart 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
December 9, 2016 Target 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 1