WIS Car in May from Wray
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WIS TV 1111 Bull Street Columbia, SC and WRAY Volkswagen 655 Broad River Rd, Columbia, SC ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 12:00pm April 18, 2011 and ends at 5:00pm May 27, 2011. Entries must be received by 12:00pm May 24, 2011. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. Entrants acknowledge that "WIS Car in May from Wray" promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or its directors, officers, employees, or agents. By entering "WIS Car in May from Wray" promotion entrants agree to release Facebook, its directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with "WIS Car in May from Wray" promotion.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, residing in one of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Abbeville, Aiken, Allendale, Anderson, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, Chester, Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Florence, Georgetown, Greenwood, Hampton, Horry, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington, Marion, Marlboro, McCormick, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, Sumter, Union, Williamsburg, and York, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WIS-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12:00pm April 18, 2011 individuals must log on to www.facebook.com/wis10 and complete the online entry form and "like" WIS-TV on Facebook. Entries must be received by 12:00pm May 24, 2011 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WIS-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WIS-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WIS-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
- Prize(s). -Up to twenty (20) daily prizes of one (1) $50 gas card per daily winner.
-One (1) Grand prize of a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta S from Wray Volkswagen (retail value $18,100) The Jetta will be selected by Wray Volkswagen.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. Starting April 28, 2011 one daily winner will be selected at random each weekday through May 25, 2011. A maximum of twenty (20) daily prizes will be awarded. Daily winners will be announced on WIS News 10 Sunrise each weekday morning and will be contacted via email. Daily winners must follow instructions in email to confirm they are a licensed driver and meet the other eligibility requirements. The twenty (20) daily winners are eligible for a chance to win the Grand Prize. A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize will be awarded at Wray Volkswagen by a random drawing on May 27, 2011 at 5:00pm. If there is a change to the day or time of the Grand Prize drawing, it will be announced on www.facebook.com/wis10. The daily winners will draw a number from 1 to 20 to determine their draw order. Each daily winner will then select 1 of 20 boxes. One box will contain a key to the Grand Prize. The daily winner picking the correct box will be the Grand Prize winner. If a daily winner is unable to attend the event at WRAY Volkswagen on May 27, 2011, is late or is deemed ineligible to win the Grand Prize, no alternate will be selected and the number of boxes to choose from will be altered to match number of qualified daily winners at the event.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. Driver's license is required for the Grand Prize. The winners will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at time of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by June 10, 2011 or the prize will be forfeited. The Grand Prize winner must provide proof of automobile insurance before accepting the Grand Prize. If the Grand Prize is forfeited, no alternate winner will be selected.
Each winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WRAY Volkswagen will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. The Grand Prize winner will receive a Form 1099 from Wray Volkswagen. In addition to other taxes, including but not limited to income taxes, the Grand Prize winner will be required to pay sales, use and any other taxes as well as title fees.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WIS-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WIS-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WIS-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). Any such modifications, cancellations, etc. will be announced on www.facebook.com/wis10.