WIS "JobLink Resume" CONTEST
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WIS Television, 1111 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201 a. ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 8am and ends Thursday, April 21, 2011, at 5pm. Entries must be received by Thursday, April 21, 2011, at 5pm. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to WIS and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for contacting you if you are the winner. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WIS-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WIS-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WIS-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
1. Prize(s). WIS will choose four winners at random from among the entrants of the sweepstakes tab on the WIS Facebook page by April 22nd , at 5pm. The prizes is as follows:
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
1. How the Prizes are awarded. WIS will choose winners at random from those who are fans of the WIS Facebook page by Thursday, April 21, at 5pm. and who have logged into their JobLink account and uploaded their resume between April 7 at 8am and April 21 at 5pm. If the Station selects your name as a Prize Winner, the Station will contact you in accordance with the information you supplied to the Station. Prize Winner(s) may be verified over the telephone at the time and will be asked to come to the Station located at 1111 Bull Street Columbia, SC 29201, where each Prize Winner must provide the Station valid identification. Valid identification includes a valid driver's license or other valid picture ID showing name and address. Faxes will not be accepted.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WIS will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WIS if WIS reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WIS, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
1. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WIS, PO Box 367, Columbia, SC 29202 or visit the website at www.wistv.com between April 22 – May 15, 2011.