LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC (WIS) - There were some tense moments for residents in the Gaston community Saturday as they watched flames spread dangerously close to their homes.
Lexington County firefighters were called out to grass fires on Sandy Run Drive just after 4:00pm. Once they arrived, they found multiple backyards and two storage sheds on fire. But it only took crews about 15 minutes to get those blazes under control.
Officials said they believe an unattended pile of burning leaves by a nearby resident sparked the fires. They're reminding resident that if you do any outdoor burning, you should be at least 75 feet from any property lines and the fire must be attended at all times.