WEST COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - One person was sent to the hospital after a Saturday evening fire.
It happened around 5:00pm in the 100 block of Lynn Street.
Captain Bill Gardner said when crews arrived at the scene, the home was almost halfway involved. He did indicate a person was found in the front yard and had to be taken to the hospital with minor burn and smoke inhalation injuries.
Five stations responded with 25 firefighters, and they were able to get the fire under control within an hour.
The Lexington County Fire Service said the blaze was deemed accidental. Captain Gardner indicated that it appeared to have started in the living room and was caused by the individual smoking.