Electrical heater sparks fire, kills 4 dogs in Florence - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Electrical heater sparks fire, kills 4 dogs in Florence

FLORENCE, SC (WMBF) – The Florence Fire Department is investigating a Monday night fire that resulted in the death of four dogs and the complete destruction of the resident's property.

Florence Fire Marshal Ken Carr said the fire occurred at 8:43 p.m. in a second floor apartment of a garage at 400 Coit Street.

The apartment had one resident, however, they were not home at the time of the fire and were unharmed.

Carr said two adult dogs and two puppies died in the fire. All of the resident's belongings were destroyed.

The Florence Fire Department has determined the cause of the fire to be the result of an electric heater placed too closely to combustible materials.

The apartment sustained heavy fire and smoke damage, and the ground floor sustained minor smoke and water damage.

Copyright 2010 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

.

Powered by Frankly