Fire damages Lugoff Waffle House

Source: Lugoff Fire Department
Source: Lugoff Fire Department

LUGOFF. SC (WIS) - A Midlands restaurant was evacuated Wednesday night because of a fire in the office.

Lugoff firefighters were dispatched to the Waffle House on US 601 in Lugoff around 9:40 p.m. because of a light smoke haze in the restaurant.

When crews arrived on the scene, the store manager let them into the restaurant office. The fire, which started in a trash can, was quickly extinguished with minor damage to the office.

Firefighters credit quick action by the store employees and the store manager for the limited damage to the restaurant.

Firefighters and equipment from the Doby's Mill and Blaney Fire Departments also responded to the scene to provide assistance.

The restaurant was re-opened for business after firefighters cleared the remaining smoke from the building.

There were no injuries.

Copyright 2010 WIS. All rights reserved.