Dryer blamed for mobile home fire - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Dryer blamed for mobile home fire

Source: Lexington County Fire Service Source: Lexington County Fire Service
Source: Lexington County Fire Service Source: Lexington County Fire Service

LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC (WIS) - Lexington County fire officials are blaming a dryer for a fire that damaged a Chapin mobile home Thursday morning.

Firefighters were called to 271 Chapin Road around 8:45 a.m. When crews arrived, smoke and fire was coming from the home. 

It took firefighters 30 minutes to bring the fire under control. Damages to the home are estimated at approximately $30K.

Nobody was home at the time of the fire. 

Investigators say a dryer left running in the laundry room sparked the fire.

Copyright 2010 WIS. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly