WIStv.com Holiday Lights Contest Rules
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WIS-TV, 1111 Bull Street, Columbia SC 29201 and the following sponsor: City of Orangeburg Parks & Recreation Department and Maurice's Barbeque ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 8:00 am ET Tuesday, December 6, 2011 and ends at 12 pm ET Tuesday, January 3, 2012. Entries must be received by 12:00pm ET Tuesday, January 3, 2012 Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, who are 18 (or, if still in high school at 18, upon graduation or reaching age 19 (whichever is sooner) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WIS-TV, The City of Orangeburg, as well as companies and suppliers providing services and/or prizes, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. Upload your photos and/or videos online at sendit.wistv.com. Or you may mail your photos to WIS-TV, 1111 Bull Street, Columbia SC 29201, to the attention of "Andrea Nickols" with the words "Holiday Lights" on the envelope.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
The Submitter must own all rights to light display depicted in the entry, picture, video, and subject matter of the entry. The light display and entry must be original, true and correct, and not exaggerated. The light display and entry must not include unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, indecent, obscene, violent, vulgar, pornographic or profane material, material that violates the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties, or material that otherwise violates these Official Rules. By submitting the entry, each Submitter represents and warrants that the light display is original, that Submitter owns the rights to all the material in it, and that Sponsors' use of it, or any part of it, will not infringe upon the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any intellectual property or privacy rights, and that the entry is true and correct, and not exaggerated.
4. Prize(s). First place winner will receive a $100 Gift Certificate to Blue Marlin, the Runner-up will receive a $50 Gift Certificate to Thirsty Fellow and the 3rd place winner will receive two (2) tickets to Monster Jam on either February 10 – 11, 2012 (date TBD) estimated value of $42.00. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges, who will take creativity & best use of lights into consideration.
6. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 5 business days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner must take possession of his or her prize by 4:00pm ET on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WIS TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WIS TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WIS TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
7. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
8. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WIS TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WIS TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
9. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the judges' selection process.
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WIS-TV, Attention: Andrea Nickols, 1111 Bull Street, Columbia SC 29201 after January 10, 2012.