DORCHESTER COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - The Pan's Super Buffet was robbed for the second time in two months Thursday night, adding another robbery to a long list of Chinese restaurant armed robberies in recent months.
According to the Dorchester County Sheriff's Office, the Pan's Super Buffet on Dorchester Road was robbed at gunpoint at closing time Thursday night. The same restaurant was robbed on Aug. 28.
Thursday night's robbery is the 16th armed robbery of an Asian restaurant since Aug. 1.
According to the sheriff's office, the restaurant had put in a new back door with a better locking system after it was robbed on Aug. 28, but the suspects were able to get inside while an employee was taking out the trash.
Authorities say the suspects and the pattern of the robbery fits the previous 15 robberies.
If you have any information, call Crime Stoppers at 554-1111. You don't have to give your name and may earn a cash reward.
- Aug. 1: China Wok, Charleston
- Aug. 19: Pan Garden, Folly Beach
- Aug. 25: China Chef, Summerville
- Aug: 28: Pan's Super Buffet, Dorchester County
- Aug. 29: China Fun Restaurant, West Ashley
- Aug. 30: Jade Garden, West Ashley
- Sept. 5: China Chef, Goose Creek
- Sept. 10: Tenichi Japanese Restaurant, West Ashley
- Sept. 12: China Chef Restaurant, Goose Creek
- Sept. 30: Ocean Dragon, Holly Hill
- Oct. 2: Chinese Palace, Summerville
- Oct. 6: Lam's Garden, Ravenel
- Oct. 7: Dragon Gate, James Island
- Oct. 25: Johns Island Chinese restaurant marks 15th robbery
- Oct. 28: Robbers strike Pan's Super Buffet for second time