Propane cooker to blame for house fire near Eastover - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Propane cooker to blame for house fire near Eastover

EASTEOVER, SC (WIS) - A small propane cooker is to blame for an early morning fire just north of Eastover.

Just after 12:30 Wednesday morning firefighters responded to the house on the corner of Mendenhall and Hezekiah Roads.

Firefighters tell News 10 the owner was cooking chicken, fell asleep and when he woke up, his house was on fire.  They also say he was using the cooker because his house did not have electricity.

Copyright 2010 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly