The Charles R. Drew Wellness Center will open its doors for a free Community Wellness Weekend just days before the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Individuals and families are invited to utilize the facility's equipment free of charge. The free workout is available starting from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday November 21 and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, November 22.
During the Community Wellness Weekend, attendees will enjoy use of the pool basketball court, cardio and weight equipment. Special activities also will include cooking classes and a health fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. sponsored by Health Coach with Think Taste Move on Nov. 21.
The Charles R. Drew Wellness Center is conveniently located at 2101 Walker Solomon Way off of Harden Street. For more information, call the Charles R. Drew Wellness Center at 803-545-3200.
The Charles R. Drew Wellness Center is changing its hours of operation and membership fees, effective December 1. The wellness center manager said the changes are being made to reflect the usage of the center and maintain costs.
The new hours will be 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday; Friday; 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday; 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
In order to maintain services and meet the demand, the cost of memberships also will increase. The new fees for city residents are:
- Adults (18-49) one-year membership: Old price: $240. New price: $264.
- Senior (50+) one-year membership. Old price: $180. New price: $198.
- Family (family of 4 maximum) one-year membership: Old Price: $360. New price: $396.
The new fees for nonresidents are:
- Adult one-year membership: Old price: $276. New price: $303.60.
- Senior one-year membership: Old price: $207. New price: $227.70
- Family one-year membership: Old price: $415. New price: $465.50.
Scholarship applications are available upon request.