(Columbia) Dec. 3, 2004 - Elton John is bringing his Peachtree Road Tour 2005 to the Colonial Center next March, and some WIS viewers won tickets from WIS before they could buy them!
Tickets to the March 16th concert go on sale Saturday, December 4th, at 10:00am at the Colonial Center, online at TheColonialCenter.com, or by phone at 866-4SC-TIXX.
WIS gave away two pairs of tickets Tuesday through Thursday and three pairs on Friday during WIS News 10 Sunrise. There was no purchase necessary.
Friday winners: Patricia Ratcliff
of Cassatt, Kathy Owen
of Columbia, Berry Smith
Thursday winners: Jan McCormack of Bamberg, Nina Cooley of Irmo
Wednesday winners: Lorie Taylor of Gilbert, Melissia Stark of Elgin
Tuesday winners: Norma Kestner
of West Columbia, Brandie Mathias
Contest Rules for “WIS Elton John Concert Ticket Giveaway.”
- The contest will run from 5:00 pm on Monday, November 29, 2004 until 11:59 pm on Thursday, December 2, 2004.
- To enter, log on to wistv.com and fill out the form linked to the Elton John Ticket Giveaway page. Entrants must complete all required fields on the form. Each form completed constitutes one entry.
- You may also enter by sending a postcard with your name, address, and a phone number where you may be reached during normal business hours (8:30am until 5:30pm) to “WIS Elton John Ticket Giveaway”, WIS Television, P.O. Box 367, Columbia, SC 29202.
- Only one entry per day for each household or email address will be eligible to win.
- Winners will be randomly chosen from among those who sign up for the contest or submit a postcard during the contest period in Rule 1. Each winner will receive a prize as follows:
-Two tickets to the Elton John Peachtree Road Tour Concert at Colonial Center in Columbia, SC on March 16, 2005.
- Prizes are strictly limited to what is stated in Rule 5. No cash or alternative prize will be awarded. Taxes are the responsibility of the winners. Chosen entrants must be 18 years of age to claim any prize. Entrants chosen who are under 18 must have a WIS Television waiver and release signed by a parent or legal guardian. WIS Television reserves the right to require winners (or their parents or legal guardians) to sign a statement of eligibility and unconditional release. Should WIS Television exercise this right and any winner refuse to sign this release, that entry shall be declared null and void and an alternate winner will be chosen.
- Employees of WIS Television, Liberty Corporation, Colonial Center or their agencies are not eligible to participate.
by Barry Ahrendt