(Columbia) April 9, 2004 - Music legend Bob Dylan, whose recording career stretches across four decades, will perform at the Township Auditorium in Columbia on Saturday.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and Kennedy Center Honors recipient is known for songs like "Knocking on Heaven's Door," "Like a Rolling Stone" and "Hurricane."
The performance begins at 8:00pm. Tickets are still available through Ticketmaster at $45 a piece.
Five WIS News 10 Sunrise viewers won free tickets to see Dylan by answering trivia questions. They are:
Contest Rules for “WIStv.com Bob Dylan Ticket Giveaway.”
1. The contest will run from 12:01am Wednesday, March 31, 2004 until 11:59pm on Tuesday, April 6, 2004.
2. An e-mail contest entry form will be posted on WIStv.com.
3. You may also enter by sending a postcard with your name, address, and phone number where you may be reached during normal business hours (8:30am until 5:30pm) to “Bob Dylan Ticket Giveaway”, WIS Television, P.O. Box 367, Columbia, SC 29202.
4. Winners will be randomly chosen from among all entries containing the correct answer to a question about Bob Dylan. One entry per household per day will be eligible to win. All eligible entries received during the contest period will become part of the contest pool and remain eligible until the end of the contest.
5. The prizes are as follows:
-Two tickets per winner to the Bob Dylan Concert at The Township Auditorium in Columbia, SC, on April 10, 2004. One winner will be selected each weekday from Thursday, April 1 to Wednesday, April 7, 2004.
6. Prizes are strictly limited to what is stated in Rule 5. No cash or alternative prize will be awarded. Taxes are the responsibility of the winners. Chosen entrants must be 18 years of age to claim any prize. WIS Television reserves the right to require winners (or their parents or legal guardians) to sign a statement of eligibility and unconditional release. Should WIS Television exercise this right and any winner refuse to sign this release, that entry shall be declared null and void and an alternate winner will be chosen. Winners must claim their prizes at WIS Television studios at 1111 Bull Street by 5:00pm on Friday, April 9, 2004. Prizes not claimed by the deadline will become null and void and will not be awarded to an alternate winner.
7. Employees of WIS Television, Liberty Corporation, The Township Auditorium, or their agencies are not eligible to participate.