Freak accident burns Wilson Hall Headmaster - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Freak accident burns Wilson Hall Headmaster

Posted: Updated:
Fred Moulton (Source: Wilson Hall) Fred Moulton (Source: Wilson Hall)

SUMTER, SC (WIS) - The headmaster at Wilson Hall is currently recovering at the Augusta Burn Center school after a freak accident at his home, officials say. 

Headmaster Fred Moulton was injured Friday afternoon while mixing chemicals outside his pool, according to Assistant Head Master Ed Talley. 

Talley said Moulton was preparing the pool for use when the chemicals exploded burning his clothes and face. 

Moulton received burns on the right side of his body, but could be released as early as Tuesday, Talley said.  

Wilson Hall is a college preparatory school located in Sumter which enrolls approximately 835 students.

Copyright 2011 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow