COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The rain has moved out but it’s still going to be very cold and windy today. Temps will be falling through the day today and with the wind it will feel about 10-15 degrees colder than what the thermometer is reading.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Gusty winds today from a northerly direction making it feel much colder. Gusts to 25-35 MPH possible
· Temps started in the 50s today but will fall through the 40s this afternoon
· It will feel like the 30s all day with the wind chill
· Monday morning the wind chill will be in the teens with actual temps in the 20s
· Highs will climb back into the 50s and 60s for the rest of the week.
· More rain possible Wednesday evening into Thursday but temps will be in the 50s and 60s
First Alert Weather Story:
The rain has pushed off to our northeast but the system has left cold temps and windy conditions for our Sunday. Temps this morning were in the 50s but they will be falling through the afternoon. When you factor in the wind, it will feel like the 30s through the day. Wind gusts will be around 15-30 MPH with gusts to 35 MPH possible. Skies will slowly clear out and we’ll see mostly sunny conditions later on.
As the system continues to push towards the east. temps will continue to fall. That’s why Monday is an Alert Day. Temperatures will be in the low to mid 20s Monday morning. Wind chills will likely be in the teens! Be careful on the roadways Monday AM as there’s potential for some icy spots! Afternoon temperatures will only rise into the low 40s. We’re expecting plenty of sun Monday though.
Temperatures will return to the mid 20s by Tuesday morning, but it won’t be as windy. Highs will be in the low 50s. We’ll see highs in the mid 60s Wednesday.
Sunday: Rain has moved out. Dry this afternoon but cold with highs in the 40s and wind chill values in the 30s
Tonight: Very cold with lows in the 20s but with the wind it will feel like the teens
Alert Day Monday: Sunny and cold. Morning temps in the low to mid 20s. Wind chill values in the teens. Highs will be in the low to mid 40s.
Tuesday: Sun and clouds with highs still only in the 40s but less wind