COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - If one of your resolutions for the new year is to get a new job, there’s valuable information that can make a difference in your success.
Certain key steps can help you grow in your career over the next year. Karen Wingo, the director of State Human Resources says key steps include improving your interview abilities, resume and cover letter skills.
Here’s her advice in a nutshell:
2019 Career Resolutions
- Attend a conference
- Obtain a certification
- Participate in a training session
- Increase Your Interview Chances
- Tailor your cover letter, resume or application to the position
- Proofread carefully
- Research the employer and the position prior to the interview
- Dress professionally, giving thought to the culture of the employer
- Send a personal thank you note to the interviewers
Learn more about State Careers information by visiting the state’s website at www.careers.sc.gov, the Twitter page at @CareersSCGov or the Facebook page of @SouthCarolinaCareers.