COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - If you’re hitting the road today for the Holiday, watch for showers and gusty winds for your Friday.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Friday is an Alert Day for scattered showers and gusty winds on a busy travel day
· We’re expecting scattered showers that could be heavy at times (70%)
· A Lake Wind Advisory is in effect for the Midlands for gusts up to 35 MPH
· High temps in the upper 50s right through the weekend
· However, the weekend is DRY with more sunshine
· Christmas Eve looks good with a mix of sun and clouds. Highs will be in the upper 50s to near 60. Lows will be in the upper 30s as Santa rolls into town at night
· Christmas Day brings partly cloudy skies. Highs will be in the upper 50s
First Alert Weather Story:
Today is an Alert Day. We’re tracking a few more scattered showers over the Midlands as a frontal system swings through the area. Some of the showers will be heavy! Otherwise, we’ll see mostly cloudy skies. Gradual clearing will be the rule later in the evening and through the night tonight. Highs will be in the upper 50s.
Winds will be picking up through the day with gusts up to 35 mph. A Lake Wind Advisory is in effect for the Midlands for much of the day, so keep that in mind as you drive!
Your weekend forecast continues to look great! We’ll see mostly sunny skies Saturday and Sunday. Highs will be in the mid to upper 50s.
For your Christmas holiday, get ready for some decent weather. Right now, we’re forecasting a mix of sun and clouds on Christmas Eve (Monday) with highs in the upper 50s to near 60. Monday night, temperatures will dip into the upper 30s but still staying dry! High temperatures on Christmas Day will be in the upper 50s under partly cloudy skies.
First Alert Friday: Mostly cloudy skies with a few spotty showers that could be heavy at times. Windy though with gusts to 35 MPH
Tonight: Passing clouds with temps dropping down into the 40s. Wind slowly diminishes
Saturday: Mostly Sunny and cool. Highs in the mid to upper 50s. Winds: W 5-10 mph.
Sunday: Mostly Sunny. Still cool. Highs in the upper 50s.