Be weather aware as we move through your Friday. An Alert Day is still in effect. Scattered showers and gusty winds are in your forecast.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Friday is an Alert Day (for weather that could affect your holiday travel plans).
· We’re expecting widely scattered showers Friday. Rain chances are around 70%.
· Also, our winds will be picking up through the day Friday. Winds will gust up to 35 mph during the day. A Lake Wind Advisory is in effect for the Midlands Friday.
· High temperatures will be in the upper 50s.
· Your weekend brings mostly sunny skies and highs in the mid to upper 50s. Then, looking ahead to your Christmas holiday, weather conditions are looking dry for now with highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s.
First Alert Weather Story:
We’re tracking a few more widely scattered showers over the Midlands as a frontal system swings through the area Friday. Otherwise, we’ll see mostly cloudy skies. Gradual clearing will be the rule later in the evening. Highs will be in the upper 50s.
Now, Friday is an Alert Day not only for the chance of rain, which could hinder your holiday travel plans, but our winds will be picking up through the day. In fact, winds will pick up from the west-southwest Friday with gusts up to 35 mph. A Lake Wind Advisory is in effect for the Midlands for much of the day, so keep that in mind.
Your weekend looks dry. We’ll see sunshine and highs in the 50s.
Then, expect a mix of sun and clouds as we move through your Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. If there are any changes to the forecast, we’ll let you know. Highs will be in the 50s and 60s.
Stay with your WIS First Alert Weather Team for further updates.
First Alert Friday: Mostly Cloudy. Widely Scattered Showers (70%). Windy. Highs in the upper 50s. Winds: WSW 10-20 mph, gusts to 30-35 mph.
Saturday: Mostly Sunny and Cool. Highs in the mid to upper 50s. Winds: W 5-10 mph.
Sunday: Mostly Sunny. Still Cool. Highs in the upper 50s.