COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Heavy rain will continue at times through the day today. After 3PM expect rain to lighten up but it will still be windy and cold!
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Alert Days are posted through Tuesday morning.
· A strong area of low pressure will bring cold and very wet conditions to the Midlands
· Expect a very COLD rain today. Rain could be heavy at times through 3 PM. Highs will only reach the upper 30s but with the wind it will feel much colder in the 20s
· Some flooding is possible.
· Wind gusts to 35 MPH are possible making it feel much colder
· Another round of rain overnight tonight into Monday midday with the low chance to see some sleet mixing in for northern parts of viewing area (no accumulation)
· Tuesday morning, lows are expected to drop into the 20s. Watch for some icy spots on the roads.
First Alert Weather Story:
Alert Days are posted through Tuesday morning. We’re tracking an area of low pressure that will move from the northern Gulf Coast toward the Palmetto State, giving way to heavy rain, windy and cold conditions for the Midlands.
Another round of rain does move in overnight Sunday into Monday. Along with the rain today comes gusty winds still. Winds could gust to 35 MPH at times. Highs will struggle and only make it into the mid to upper 30s but with the wind it will feel much colder out there in the 20s through much of the afternoon.
No accumulation is expected.
For your Monday, expect the rain to start to taper off during the afternoon. Highs will struggle to make it to 40! Again, there is a possibility for some sleet or a wet snowflake or two to mix in with the rain but as of now, we’re NOT expecting any accumulation here in the Midlands.
As for rainfall estimates, we could see anywhere from 2 to 4 inches of rain in when all is said and done by Monday evening.
We really need to watch Tuesday morning closely, The storm will be gone but temperatures will be in the upper 20s. This means, any leftover rain on the streets could freeze. Watch for some slick spots on the roads as you’re heading to work and school.
First Alert Monday: On/off showers as the system departs. Some sleet/wet snowflakes possible (no accumulation). Cold with highs around 40 and breezy with gusts to 20 MPH.
First Alert Tuesday: AM Icy Spots. Then, Decreasing Clouds. Highs in the upper 40s.