COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Be weather aware! Saturday is an Alert Day for areas of heavy rain early in the day that could affect your commute.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Saturday is an Alert Day!
· We’re expecting periods of heavy rain in the Midlands. An isolated thunderstorm is possible.
· Some areas could see about .25” to .5” of rain from this system. A few isolated higher amounts ae possible.
· Saturday is a big travel day for many driving back home from the Thanksgiving holiday. Others will be traveling to Clemson for the Palmetto Bowl. Be careful on the roads.
· Weather conditions will improve by Saturday afternoon.
· Sunday brings partly cloudy skies. A few isolated late day showers are possible.
· A few showers are also in Monday morning’s forecast (20-30%).
First Alert Weather Story:
An area of low pressure will move toward the Palmetto State late tonight into Saturday, spreading a good chance of rain and possibly an isolated thunderstorm. Rain chances are around 80%.
Some areas could see between .25” about .5” of rain Saturday. A few isolated higher amounts are possible, which could cause some localized flooding/ponding on the roads. Be careful while traveling back home early from your Thanksgiving holiday or to Clemson for The Palmetto Bowl.
Your entire Saturday will not be a washout though. Conditions are expected to improve by early Saturday afternoon. Highs will be in the upper 50s and lower 60s. Temperatures by kickoff for the Palmetto Bowl will be in the mid to upper 40s.
Sunday brings partly cloudy skies. An isolated late day shower is possible. A few showers are possible early Monday.
Tonight: Mostly Cloudy. Showers (50%). Low temperatures in the mid 40s. Winds: E 5-10 mph.
First Alert Saturday: Mostly Cloudy. Rain Likely (80%). Rain Could Be Heavy. Isolated Storm Possible. Then, afternoon clearing. Highs in the upper 50s and lower 60s. Winds: NE/W/NW 5-10 mph.
Sunday: Partly Cloudy. Isolated PM Shower (20%). Warmer. Highs in the mid 60s. Winds: S/SE 5 mph.